“Per Pound” freight rates into Staniel Cay, Chub Cay
- We offer Regular, Express, and Priority Rush shipments for as low as $2.00/lb
- “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery” offered upon availability (see Delivery Options & Rates below).
- Holiday Shipping: This applies to ALL packages shipped during December. Rate: $3.20 per pound. Delivery Window: 5 to 7 business days.
- Personal Shopping upon request $23 dollars per hour and $0.85 cents per mile (2 hour min.)
Freight Charters of the entire aircraft into any destination within a 700-mile radius of Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- For freight charters, we will accept smaller shipments for you at our hangar and consolidate them into one freight charter to give you the most economical freight transport. Please note: maximum of 2-weeks storage.
Piper Navajo aircraft.
- Large cargo door for full palette-sized pieces or boat parts.
- Approximately 1600 Lbs. available to Staniel Cay
FAA Hazardous Materials Carrier Certification
- Additional charges will apply to Hazardous shipments.
- We provide complimentary mail forwarding of U.S. Standard Mail into any regularly scheduled destination. Any mail other than U.S. Standard will incur normal freight costs.
To schedule a freight shipment, please contact our Freight Services Department at: 954-593-1437
Delivery Options & Rates
All freight will be shipped on a “space available” basis and is subject to size and weight limitations.
“Regular” shipments: 5-7 day delivery window
- $2.00 per pound with a $30.00 minimum per shipment
“Express” shipments: 2-3 day delivery window
- $2.50 per pound with a $50.00 minimum per shipment
- Does not guarantee same-day service
“Priority Rush” shipments: 1-2 day delivery window
- $3.20 per pound with a $60.00 minimum
- Does not guarantee same-day service
- All “Priority Rush” shipments MUST be at our facility by 12:30 pm for inclusion on our 2:00 pm flights and by 5:30 pm THE DAY PRIOR for large shipments specialty items.
“Guaranteed Cargo Delivery” shipments (upon availability)
- If available, you may purchase “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery”, which guarantees your freight shipment will be sent on a specific flight.
- Up to 300 lbs. – $875
All “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery” shipments MUST be at our facility by 12:30 pm for inclusion on our 2:00 pm flights and by 5:30 pm THE DAY PRIOR for large shipments specialty items.
Holiday Shipping: This applies to ALL packages shipped during December. Rate: $3.20 per pound. Delivery Window: 5 to 7 business days.
- All delivery times are calculated from the date the package(s), documentation, and payment have ALL been received (see Documentation & Labeling below).
- For all shipments, the billable weight will be the greater of the actual weight or the dimensional weight. Dimensional weight is calculated using the standard UPS formula of LxWxH/166.
- Import duties apply to all shipments to the Bahamas (see Duty and Levies below).
- Special handling charges may apply on exceptionally bulky or heavy items, repackaging, Hazmat, domestic shipping, forklift, storage, etc.
- Storage fees will apply to all packages left with us for more than 2 weeks.
Freight Forwarding Requirements (Freight sent to Plane Travel Air for delivery elsewhere)
In order for your unaccompanied parcel to be shipped, we need your receipt for the items we are sending. This is a “must” for customs – both U.S. Customs at departure and Bahamas Customs upon arrival. When you place an order, please ask the supplier to include an invoice/receipt and contact information for the recipient. You must email this information to us at: email@example.com, prior to shipment. Please note all delivery times are calculated from the date the package(s), documentation, and payment have ALL been received.
All packages MUST include:
- Invoice with total $ value (item $, tax $, shipping $)
- Cruising Permit (if applicable)
- Recipient Contact Information (phone, email)
Please address packages using the format below:
Jane Doe/M/Y “Windless”/Staniel Cay c/o Plane Travel Air 1401 NE 10th Street, Hangar 6H
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Tracking Your Shipment TO Plane Travel Air: Please track your shipment online with the company you ordered from. Once it shows as “Delivered”, please call us at 954-593-1437 and speak with the Freight Department. Due to the volume of packages received, we do not call senders upon receipt of packages.
Duty and Levies
The average duty is 45% of the total landed value ($ value of item + any insurance premium + ALL shipping costs) of your items. However, a few common items are either free or somewhat less. Duty will be collected at the port-of-entry for all parcels being shipped to: Chub Cay and Staniel Cay. NOTE: If a parcel contains a repair/replacement part for a vessel, and we have a valid cruising permit on file, you may only be subject to entry and processing fees. However, not all replacement parts fall under this condition, so please contact the freight department with any questions. If a parcel contains building materials (materials used in the structure of building), you may only be subject to entry and processing fees. Please visit www.bahamas.gov.bs for information on duties, exemptions, levies, VAT, etc.
Perishable Items & Special Handling
All perishable items must be shipped the same day and subject to special handling fees.
All deliveries of perishable items should be individually coordinated with our Freight Department to ensure prompt and expedited delivery.
Special handling charges may apply on exceptionally bulky or heavy items, repackaging, storage, Hazmat, forklift, domestic shipping, etc. Storage fees will apply to parcels left at our facility for over 1 week without contact or shipment information. You may ship perishable items.
We accept cash, wire transfer, MasterCard, VISA, and Discover. (No AMEX)